The Euromed Center is part of a public project called "Euroméditerranée" which deals with renewing some urban areas of Marseille through the launch of several international architecture competitions.
Architects Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas have won the competition for the '"Euromed Center" in 2006.
With more than 70 000 m2 the coming Euromed Center will consist of:
- 4 office buildings certified HQE ® (High Environmental Quality) and labeled Effinergie-BBC (building low consumption) for a total of 48,000 m2 to accommodate about 3,000 people.
- A 4 * business hotel with 210 rooms and a business center.
- A pedestrian street with about 2000 m2 of shops and services.
- A public parking for 846 cars.
- 5000 m2 of which 4,000 m2 of green areas for the new urban public park: the Jardin d'Arenc,
- A cinema complex with 15 screens: the so-called "Dolphins".
This first phase involves the construction of public parking for 846 cars and office building called "Astrolabe". Progressively, the construction of the hotel, real estates and the remaining part of the program.
The whole project is in collaboration with the following offices:
Lehoux - Phily - Samaha, International d'Architecture, Mathoulin & Jardin, Michel Desvigne Paysagiste.